Working on a new design of my blog, please excuse all the "construction." :)

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My attmept at art...


So, I had this picture that did not match with anything in my house. It's not that I didnt like it, It just didnt match anything! So... I came up with an idea...


                       I bought and ironed some fabric... that I thought would do nicely in my house.

            I cut the fabric in strips and then I layed it out in a pattern that I liked...I stapled the fabric to the back of the pitcure along the frame. I was originally going to do something different but liked laying the fabric out kind of crooked. It helped hide the mistakes and I just folded the jagged edges from cutting the strips under the other peice I layed on top or simply folded it over.
  I came up with this... It is now hung horizontilly in my upstairs hall.. (this picture was not taken at my house so the background colors are all wrong..) It looks really nice in my (DARK) hallway. :)
                                                        Simple and better then before.

No comments:

Post a Comment