Then the other night, Steve and I were playing around and the pain got really sharp. I was almost in tears but I just went to bed. The next day, Wednesday January 26th, I had a half a day at work because I had an orthodontist appointment (my last one until I actually get my braces on on the 23rd of this month) and during my appointment my pain just kept getting worse so with no insurance, Steve and I decided that I needed to go to the ER. So, we were at UW medical center anyway and the ER was just on the other floor so we walked over and I was admitted. After ultra sounds and cat scans and many other tests, 7 hours later from 12pm-7pm the doctor came in and told me the news "Appendicitis".
I had two options. I could be admitted in the hospital for a few days while they watched my white blood cell count and be put on antibiotic's then sent home and a 95% chance of it returning OR have surgery and get it out. I called Steve, by then, he had just left to go get something to eat and grab me some comfy clothes, and asked him what he thought. He and I both agreed it would be just best to get it out and taken care of now. With no insurance, I can not take the chance of many other doctor's appointments or my appendix bursting and being stuck in a life threatening position.
So into surgery I went. It was about 1am Thursday morning and when I woke up all's I wanted was "My Steve" The doctor had called him and told him that the surgery had went well and that I was just getting out.
I remember being bummed when I got out of surgery because I was going to miss Caelin's PJ day at school. HAHA, It's funny the things you think about. I remember waking up half way as they rolled me into my short stay room and just asking over and over for Steve. He came right around the corner and I was sooo happy to see his face. He relaxed me a little and I was able to sleep more. Every time I woke up he was there, handing me sips of water or snoring propped up on the edge of my bed. What a great comfort he was. I am so lucky to have him. We broke lots of personal boundaries that day, he now has seen me pee. Yes, readers, I just said that. One thing I will never forget is how itchy I was when I came out of the anesthetic. I felt it everywhere!!! head, toes, fingers, belly... Ugh! I would just point at my foot and Steve was there to scratch it for me. Wow, I love him so much. I think sometimes it takes things like this to really pull you together and this has made our relationship stronger. I know that I can count on him and that he will always be there for me. I know the hard part is coming up though, we are going to have hospital bill's up the ying yang! With no insurance and all the tests they ran on me, being out of work for six day's ..yikes! Wish me luck and if you have any advice what-so ever... please feel free to share! But as for now, Here are a few picture's of my stay. I must be a brave woman to share these... I look hideous!!!
Pre Surgery. Doc wouldn't let me eat or drink anything. These Q-tips tasted like lemon's! Best thing ever when you haven't eaten or drunken anything in 10 hours!
Waiting in the ER for the Surgery prep people to come and get me!
Thank you Pandora Radio and the iphone!
Right after surgery. Steve took this. I was still in "LALA Land"
Ah, me and the lovely BF. He's so sweet to take pictures of me all drugged up. Hospital Food. Not too shabby. Steve ate most of it but that soup was delish!
I have been living on apple juice for day's. Its the only thing that taste's good.
On our way home!On our way home! I was soo drugged in this picture. Doesn't look like it, but trust me, I am..
Steve's Mom got me the flowers and his grandma for me the little plant. So so sweet of them!!! They have been here almost every day bringing us food and snacks. They are amazing! I love them so much!
I have been on the couch for day's....The cat's see no problem with this..
First day home and in bed. Felt good to have my "anky" (blanket)












WOW.......glad you went in. And wishing you a speedy recovery hun! Hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteJust checking in on you. Hope you are doing better and return to blogging again soon!
ReplyDeleteTake Care Sweetheart!<3